We are looking for motivated, creative, public-service oriented college and law students interested in bringing a fresh perspective to government. An internship with SSA OIG provides students with marketable and meaningful work experience, valuable knowledge of the Federal Government, career-enhancing mentorship, and ample networking opportunities.
We have internship opportunities across our components.Past interns have contributed to SSA OIG’s mission by:
- Performing legal research and drafting memoranda of law on issues and policies
- Developing and preparing legal cases for filing
- Providing investigative support
- Benchmarking with other government agencies
- Drafting reports and summaries
- Analyzing data and developing recommendations
- Attending meetings with executives across the OIG
We encourage college and law students from all backgrounds and areas of study to apply. Open opportunities are based on our organizational needs. While we accept applications on a rolling basis, we review and evaluate resumes three times a year, generally in March, June, and November. Some internships may be conducted virtually, depending on workload and component need. For more information on our internship opportunities, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SSA OIG provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us at email@example.com. The decision on granting a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.