Congressional Response Report: The Social Security Administration’s Vision 2025 Plan
The objective of our report is to answer questions from the Subcommittee on Social Security regarding the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) Vision 2025.
We received the following questions from the Subcommittee on Social Security.
1. Does Vision 2025 include specific, measurable goals?
2. Does Vision 2025 clearly define the environment in which the SSA believes it will operate in 2025 and how it will affect the Agency’s ability to provide services?
3. Does Vision 2025 outline the strategy needed to implement the proposed vision?
4. The SSA contracted with the National Academy of Public Administration (NAPA) to develop a vision for the future of the SSA. How does Vision 2025 incorporate NAPA’s work?
5. The SSA entered into a fixed-price contract with Deloitte Consulting for $622,000. Did the SSA gain sufficient value from these services, and were they redundant from the services contracted through NAPA? What services has Deloitte delivered to date and what further services will they deliver under the contract?