Contact OIG

Report Social Security Fraud

If you suspect someone of committing Social Security fraud, submit a report via our online fraud reporting form.

Contact the Social Security Administration

Use the Contact Us page on for  Social Security-related questions and concerns, including:

  • Lost Social Security cards
  • Applying for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Changing the name on a Social Security card
  • Finding a local office
  • Applying for disability benefits

Freedom of Information Act

The FOIA allows members of the public to request records from Federal agencies. Please follow this link for SSA and OIG FOIA requests. 

Report Identity Theft

If you think you are a victim of identity theft, the Federal Trade Commission provides helpful information on steps to take next.

Frequently Asked Questions

For questions about what is fraud, waste, or abuse and what to report to the OIG, please click here.

Media Requests

If you are a member of the media and have a request, please contact the OIG's Communications Division at 410-965-2671.