Each year, OIG identifies what we believe are the most serious management and performance challenges facing SSA. We provide this information to Congress, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), SSA, and key decision makers.
For Fiscal Year 2021, we identified the following as our top SSA management challenges:
- Improve Service Delivery
- Modernize Information Technology
- Protect the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of SSA's information Systems and Data
- Secure Information Systems and Protect Sensitive Data
- Improve the Prevention, Detection, and Recovery of Improper Payments
- Improve Administration of the Disability Programs
- SSA's Response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
Click on the links to learn more about each management challenge.
For more information, please see the report, Fiscal Year 2019 Inspector General Statement on SSA's Major Management and Performance Challenges.