The reviews described in the Plan are designed to address those areas that are most vulnerable to fraud, waste, and abuse. Since 1997, we have provided our perspective on the top challenges facing SSA management to the Congress, the Agency, and other key decisionmakers. For Fiscal Year 2021, the Office of the Inspector General has identified the following management challenges.
• The Social Security Administration’s Response to the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic
• Improve Service Delivery
• Modernize Information Technology
• Protect the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of the Social Security Administration’s Information Systems and Data
• Improve the Prevention, Detection, and Recovery of Improper Payments
• Improve Administration of the Disability Programs
The Plan describes reviews we plan to begin in Fiscal Year 2021.