- An SSA employee may appeal SSA’s action to SSA’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG) at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Whistleblower Ombudsman Hotline (855) 439-4606 or 3-1800 and/or directly to the SSA official that notified the employee of the action.
- The employee has 30 calendar days to appeal the revocation determination. SSA will not reinstate a security clearance during the appeals process.
- The Commissioner will review all appeals for appropriateness and compliance with all applicable orders, laws, and regulations including Section B of Presidential Policy Directive 19.
External Review Panel:
- If the Commissioner sustains an action affecting Eligibility for Access to Classified Information, including a revocation decision, SSA will advise the employee of his or her right to request an external review by a three-member Inspector General Review panel (External Review Panel), chaired by the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, on behalf of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI).
- An employee who has exhausted the SSA appeals process can request the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (IC IG) to convene the External Review Panel to review the employee’s claim, which may include a file review, as appropriate. If such a request is made, the IC IG will review the case and decide, in his or her discretion, whether to convene an External Review Panel (Panel).