Per the Reports Consolidation Act of 2000, the Inspectors General provided an assessment of the most serious management and performance challenges facing SSA in Fiscal Year (FY) 2012.
• Reduce the Hearings Backlog and Prevent its Recurrence
• Improve the Timeliness and Quality of the Disability Process
• Reduce Improper Payments and Increase Overpayment Recoveries
• Improve Customer Service
• Invest in Information Technology Infrastructure to Support Current and Future Workloads
• Strengthen the Integrity and Protection of the Social Security Number
• Improve Transparency and Accountability
• Strengthen Strategic and Tactical Planning
Our objective of this audit was to provide a summary and assessment of the most serious management and performance challenges facing the Social Security Administration (SSA).