The Office of External Relations (OER) serves as the primary resource for those seeking information about the Office of the Inspector General, managing OIG's external and public affairs programs. OER serves as the OIG’s main contact with Congress, the media, and the public.
OER’s responsibilities include:
- Developing OIG's media and public information policies.
- Preparing OIG publications, speeches, and presentations to internal and external organizations.
- Responding to Congressional, media, and public inquiries.
- Preparing Congressional testimony and publications.
- Writing news releases and fraud advisories.
- Writing and publishing the OIG's Semiannual Report to Congress.
- Overseeing and maintaining this website, the "Beyond the Numbers" blog, and the OIG social media accounts.